[PARPORT] Using ECP for newbies

Greg Bush (gsbush@VNET.IBM.COM)
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:37:55 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to develop a data transfer device using the ECP port on my
linux machine. Since I know next to nothing about the parport device
driver, are there code examples around somewhere for talking to (that
is, mainly reading from) an IEEE 1284 compatible device? Any help you
can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Greg Bush Engineer--Advanced Channel Dev.
Ph(507)253-7295 Email: gsbush@vnet.ibm.com
Programmers' Proverb: "People who live in windowed
environments shouldn't cast pointers."