Re: [PARPORT] IEEE1284

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 00:06:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

> Only if you make the functions non-static, which I'd rather not do. I'm
> working on a patch, which I hope to be able to make available tonight.

Okay, I've uploaded my latest code:

ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.1.131-ac5-1284.gz

The port->ops structure has changed. epp_write_block and epp_read_block
now provide a callback, whereas previously they didn't. ('ECP+EPP'
chipsets can DMA EPP.)

More functions:

compat_write_block
nibble_read_block
byte_read_block

They also take callbacks -- compatibility mode can be DMA'd by chipsets
supporting ECP, and for all I know there is a chipset somewhere (or will
be) that DMA's for nibble mode and byte mode.

The file parport_ieee1284_ops.c provides default implementations of the
block-io functions, and the idea is that the architectural drivers provide
better functions, based on what chipset we have.

Something funny's going on with interrupts, in that I don't seem to be
getting any even though I think I should. I suspect the INTEN bit is
getting overwritten somehow.