Re: [PARPORT] IEEE1284

Nicolas Souchu (nsouch@teaser.fr)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:57:51 +0000

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 12:06:59AM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
>> Only if you make the functions non-static, which I'd rather not do. I'm
>> working on a patch, which I hope to be able to make available tonight.
>
>Okay, I've uploaded my latest code:
>
>ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.1.131-ac5-1284.gz
>
>The port->ops structure has changed. epp_write_block and epp_read_block
>now provide a callback, whereas previously they didn't. ('ECP+EPP'
>chipsets can DMA EPP.)
              ^^^^^^^
Ouah! I haven't ever thought about this. It would really improve the
ZIP driver. Is this particular to some SMC like chips or just to one or more
chips?

David C.: did you ever try this before?

>More functions:
>
>compat_write_block

Alike printer code or you just use busy/strobe handshake? The later certainly,
since you're talking about DMA improvement later.

--
nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org