Re: [PARPORT] IEEE1284

Ian David Braithwaite (c969020@student.dtu.dk)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:28:25 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

(about reverse channel addresses)

> I haven't read all of the MS ECP implementation spec
> yet (which document are you reading?), but I can't see any way of finding
> out the reverse channel address.
>
> Given that, perhaps it's just never used. Does anyone know anything to
> the contrary?

For what it's worth, I read the MS ECP spec a few weeks ago, and a couple
of chip data sheets as well. I was trying to figure out how to use ECP
mode for host to host communication.

I agree with your conclusion. In the host to host case, both can send channel
addresses, but neither can receive them!

Ian