[PARPORT] parport_lowlevel

Neil Cherry (ncherry@home.net)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:09:42 -0500

I am having trouble with parport and ppa being a loadable module under
2.1.125. Whenever I attempt to do a modprobe ppa I get the following:
[[root@dmc /root]# modprobe ppa
ppa: Version 2.01
ppa: parport reports no devices.
scsi : 1 host.
/lib/modules/2.1.125/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
parport: Device or resource busy

When i look at /var/log/messages the only error I have is that it can
not find parport_lowlevel. I can't find it either on 2.1.125 or 131.
I'm not sure I have anything setup correctly put the lp is 0x378 IRQ 7
and the Zip drive is on that port and the Zip drive works under
Windows on another machine.

Any pointers? I intend on using the Zip drive and a printer off this
port.

Neil Cherry