Re: [PARPORT] Fast polling

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:36:10 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

>I just tried out the code with the faster (5usec) polling, and it broke
>the autoprobe. Looks like my printer is asserting nAck a microsecond
>before it's safe to look at nFault. :-(

What is nFault? Is the nibble read opearation that breaks right? Only nAck
is involved in the handshake from the peripheral side... as far as my only
specs about the thing (http://www.fapo.com/nibble.htm) talks about.

>I'm making a patch-2.1.131-ac11-1284-3 now, and will be uploading it soon.

Could you send it to me by email as usual? (for sloww link reasons ;)

Andrea Arcangeli