[PARPORT] Trouble installing PARIDE - Was: Re: ppuser

grant@torque.net
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:45:36 -0500 (EST)

> I'm trying to install the Paride modules for my Syquest EZ135. It lets me do the
> following:
>
> insmod paride
> insmod epat
>
> But when I do insmod pd it says autoprobe failed, and it can't find the device or
> device is busy. What am I doing wrong?

(1) Posting a message with a misleading subject line ;-)

(2) Not reading the documentation ? Please read the file
     Documentation/paride.txt in your kernel source tree.

Most likely you have not removed the lp driver before attempting to load
the PARIDE modules.

If you need to write back again, please be sure to tell us the
distribution you are using, the kernel version number, and include
the relevant messages from the output of 'dmesg'. Without that
information, it is hard to help you.