Earlier this year I took five side-by-side pictures of Bournemouth Pier and stitched them together using hugin. It’s quite easy: you just click somewhere recognisable on one photo, click on the same feature in another, and repeat several times. I took the entire set of pictures with exposure lock set, although it doesn’t seem to have worked very well for a couple of them.
Anyway, here’s the result:
I was asked whether this photo could be used for the top banner of a community web site, so I’ve adjusted the tone of the right-most section of the panoramic to make the seam a bit less visible, and the end result can be seen at the Bournemouth Matters web site.
This was one of my first attempts at using hugin. Another attempt didn’t work so well at all. I’d started out having already taken some photos and just hoping that they might overlap!