A quick search shows I’m not the only one this has happened to: having been in all day long I discover a card from Royal Mail has come through the door saying “Sorry you were out” and telling me to pick up a parcel the next day.
On the card are the following pieces of information:
- Some kind of parcel ID number
- The time
- The date
- My name
- The first line of my address
- The type of item (checked box)
- The number of items (there are several this time)
- A check in the box saying it’s too big for the letterbox
- The photo ID serial card number of the postman
- A check in the box telling me to pick them up from the delivery office
- The date I should pick them up
I coudn’t write it all in less than 27 seconds. Surely it would have been quicker to just ring the bell?