I’ve just released the first version in a new stable branch of system-config-printer. The changes are listed below.
Changes affecting the main application:
- The my-default-printer application has been removed.
- Printer drivers are automatically installed when possible.
- Switched to GtkBuilder instead of glade.
- Support for PolKit now assumes polkit-1 so the –with-polkit-1 configure option has been removed.
- The basic/advanced server settings dialogs have been merged.
- PPDs are now fetched asynchronously.
- The outputorder job option is now shown.
- There are now tooltips for the Test Page buttons.
- The device-location attribute is used if present when adding a new queue.
- “Copy” has been renamed “Duplicate”.
- Better icons are used.
- Support for installing HP’s proprietary plug-in has been removed.
- The hpcups PPDs requiring a plugin are now treated as 3rd party proprietary.
Changes affecting the job viewer:
- Job operations can now be applied to several jobs at once.
- Job attributes may be viewed.
- Jobs can now be moved between printers.
- The cups-missing-filter error is now translated.
- Job history can now be purged.
- The job context “Cancel” operation has been made localizable.
- Job files can be retrieved.
- Job completion notifications have been reinstated but with better text.
- It is more obvious in the job viewer when a printer has been disabled.
Changes affecting the troubleshooter:
- The troubleshooter now performs SELinux file context checks.
- The wording in the troubleshooter has been improved.
One response to “system-config-printer 1.2.0”
Thank you 🙂