RE: [PARPORT] RE: [patch] ieee1284 nibble mode

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:39:34 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

> > What do you mean with `mind'?
>
> 'object'

Ok, I'll try to do more tries frobbing up and down (and monitoring) other
lines to see if I can found a logic in them. It's in my TODO queue, maybe
I'll have the time to play with it this weekend. If somebody else is
reading this and has my printer (or an Epson Stylus Color in general) and
want to do the dirty work (and/or eventually need some hint) let me know.

> > Please take a look at the specs I am looking at (just to see that I am not
> > crazy ;):
>
> I've seen them. They don't tell the whole story. Perhaps Epson only read
> the Fapo IEEE1284 overview when they made the Stylus, as it sounds like
> they're not setting nDataAvail when they should.

I don't have money for the specs, but I don't think Epson has my worry ;).
Maybe they are using some other backwards compatible black magic to
indicate that there's not data available anymore. If so I'll discover what
they are doing ;)

Andrea Arcangeli