Re: [PARPORT] installation from Backpack-cdrom

grant@torque.net
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:17:48 -0500 (EST)

> I want to install debian linux 2.0 on my computer.

You're on your own. As far as I'm aware, Debian 2.0 does not contain
support for PARIDE drivers. Certainly, the boot disk is based on a
relatively old kernel - 2.0.34 - which predates the general availability
of the drivers.

To install from a backpack you need a 2.0.36 kernel.

FYI, the SuSE and Slackware distributions have full installation support
for PARIDE devices, and RedHat supports PARIDE in the running system,
although you need a special boot disk for reliable installations.

Perhaps someone here has alternate boot and driver disks for Debian 2.0,
but I don't.