Re: [PARPORT] Dell Optiplex GX1, HP Surestore 7200e and linux.

grant@torque.net
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:32:01 -0500 (EST)

> > If it works (and reports that it worked) exit from the emulator and
> > see what happens when you load the PARIDE drivers. You must not
> > reboot, of course, between running testport and loading PARIDE.
>
> Well, it worked (it reported that it worked anyway) but when I loaded the
> modules and tried burning, the result was the same = crash after about
> 150MB due to loss of streaming.

> pg0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 2 (8-bit), delay 0

Did you remember to remove the append statement from your lilo.conf ? ;-)

Probably not, since the delay is still zero. The append statement
I gave you forced the mode to 2, so the drive did not attempt to probe
for the EPP modes.

port's ECR to its satisfaction, but it can't find the configuration
registers.

Remove the pg.drive0= stuff and see whether testport's idea of EPP mode
satisfies the epat driver ...