Re: [PARPORT] Got ZIP!

Matthias Jim Knopf (jim@users.de)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:02:06 +0100 (MET)

hi.

> When I execute the mount, (mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip) I get the following:
>
> Unable to load NLS charset cp437(nls_cp437)
> UMSDOS Beta 0.6(Compatibility level 0.4, fast msdos)
>
> So, what's this NLS stuff about?
this is no serious problem as it seems that it works never the less.
NLS is compiled into the kernel (or as modules) in order to match
special character-sets. compile the kernel with the following:

kernel 2.0.36:
 submenu "filesystems"
  <M> Codepage 437 (important)
  <M> Codepage 850 (for europ. countries, or use another one for your
                    country)
  <M> NLS ISO 8859-1 (important)

kernel 2.2.3:
  (just as sown above, but these options are in a submenu deeper,
   called "Native Language Support")

you may want to leave out the Codepage 850 ... decide yourself by
looking at the help!
compile kernel+modeles, install 'em and that's it I suppose :-)

So far, Jim (Matthias Knopf)

---
No RISC, No Fun           PGP-Key available
Even the most beatyful woman ends at her feet