[PARPORT] Parport in 2.2.4

Bryan Campbell (bbc@un1x.com)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:37:37 -0600

I have upgraded to 2.2.4 (previously 2.0.36 - stock RedHat).

I am having a great deal of difficulty getting parport devices to be
accessible from samba. In fact I am having a great deal of trouble
getting parport to work at all. (no insult intended)

However, my question is . . .

What are the "proper" compile time options to get generic printer
support working. I have looked at the Documentation directory and
the recipies look easy enough. But, the kernel compile options
yeild various behaviours which are unexplainable by me.

Any help would be appreciated.

bbc@un1x.com