Re: [PARPORT] Updated RedHat Boot Disk

Charles Hodsdon (chuckie@ExploreMaine.com)
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 18:22:56 -0400

grant@torque.net wrote:

> Unfortunately, it's not possible with the driver on the floppy to
> get any more precise answer than this.
>
> BUT, perhaps you have a drive that deliberately returns an incorrect
> device code. What is the exact manufacturer and model of the drive
> inside your PP case ?

    The drive I have, unfortunately, says nothing but Commuter on it
(Except
for an FCC ID and serial # on the bottom). The only way I found out it
was a
DataStor drive is by looking up the FCC ID on the internet. Another
thing
that may be useful is the windows 95 driver on DataStor's website
(www.datastortech.com) is not a CD rom driver, it must be installed as a
SCSI
controler ... I just found this out when I used the drive with Windows
95.