[PARPORT] Autoinsert of parport_pc and imm

F Labrosse (masfl@maths.bath.ac.uk)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:13:26 +0100 (BST)

Hi folks,

I have installed 2.2.5-tmw2 last night and have the following problem (I
think it's not related to that particular version, but any way).

depmod -a gives parport as the only dependency for lp (in
/lib/modules/2.2.5-tmw2/modules.dep). When I try to print something, lp
and parport are loaded, but not parport_pc. Thus, the printing does not
work (dmesg says "driver loaded but no devices found"). I already have:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

in /etc/conf.modules. When I manually insmod parport_pc or put it as a
dependency for lp in modules.dep, everything is fine.

I have a similar problem with imm. I have:

alias scsi_hostadapter imm

in /etc/conf.modules but I still have to insmod it manually :-(

Any ideas?

TIA,

Fred