[PARPORT] Re: Iomega Ditto MAX

David Campbell (campbell@torque.net)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:06:48 +0800

Date sent: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:47:14 +0300
From: Stefan Laudat <stefan@ns.asit.ro>
To: campbell@torque.net
Subject: Iomega Ditto MAX

> I'm racking my brains off in the last couple of days with a Ditto Max tape drive. They say
> it's a parallel SCSI compliant, so I've decided to enable parallel port support in kernel, and,
> alternatively, the ppa and imm drivers. None of them seem to work, they do not detect anything.
> I have NO printer support in kernel though it would be easier, but no results yet. Any ideas are welcome...

This is the first I heard that the Ditto Max tape drive being a
parallel <=> SCSI beast. I know that the original parallel port Ditto
drives were a strange ISA/Floppy tape drive system. I wonder if
anyone else on the Linux Parallel port mailing list knows anything
about these devices.

David Campbell