Re: [PARPORT] external HDD problems (EPAT)

grant@torque.net
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:10:59 -0400 (EDT)

> How large is this hard disk? How did you partition it? It sounds
> like you may have one of various drivers on your disk that
> manufacturer's utility programs tend to install.

That's a bit of a leap ;-) I think it's more likely he just didn't
notice that RedHat doesn't make all the device nodes :-(

> I think paride does
> less thorough partition detection than the kernel does.

What is this FUD ? pd calls _exactly_ the same kernel code that any other
disk device does.