Re: [PARPORT] 2.0.36 printer works, but 2.2.6 no worky

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:13:04 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Juha Sahakangas wrote:

> If i echo text directly to the port, it doesn't do anything, if i try to
> print with printcap / lpr, it complains something i can't remember right
> now.

Obviously it would be useful to get the exact complaint message. You
could also try switching the printer off and then on again; there is a
known problem with the parport code and some parallel ports that I haven't
solved yet.

If resetting the printer allows you to echo text directly to the port, you
can provide me with valuable data points for figuring out what's wrong..