Re: [PARPORT] Shuttle EPAT not mounting?

grant@torque.net
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:24:50 -0400 (EDT)

> Everything seems to go good,
> insmod paride (ok)
> insmod epat (ok)
> insmod pd (ok)
> All loads, see's the drive and it's partions
> When I try to mount pda1, says can't find any vaild msdos partions.

Specific error messages would be useful. Do you get any complaints
in the kernel logs ? (Use dmesg to review the most recent kernel
messages.)

Is it possible that the FS is FAT32 ? Try grabbing the first block
of /dev/pda1 and posting a dump ... Something like:

        dd if=/dev/pda1 of=temp bs=512 count=1

        od -c temp
or xxd -g 1 -c 16 temp (if you have xxd)

Perhaps somebody will get a clue from that data.