Re: [PARPORT] Parallel floppy drive

grant@torque.net
Mon, 3 May 1999 06:53:17 -0400 (EDT)

> Whereas, using dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/usr/local/from/floppy/nu.emergency.dsk
> produced a file image of the right size... 720K in this case.

> If a helpful soul wants to take this offlist with me, I don't mind.

That 720 is probably the most important clue you've mentioned so far.

Try putting a scratch disk in the drive and formatting it as

        fdformat /dev/fd0H720

And see if you get any errors.

But, it's time to take this off the mailing list.

> Ob parallel:
> Does anyboody know if Laplink or Norton Commander parallel protocols
> are supported by anything in Linux?

Linux supports "PLIP" - IP over a laplink cable - but I don't think there
is any application that implements the actual Laplink protocol.