[PARPORT] listening to the parallel port

Sean C. Payne (scpayne@digital.net)
Wed, 26 May 1999 16:33:22 -0400 (EDT)

I have a device that normally hooks up to a line printer. It sends simple
ASCII w/ CR to the print device. I would like to capture this to a text
file instead of a hardcopy.

Q: If I attache the device to the parallel port via a "pp laplink" cable
what command can I issue under Linux to listen to the parallel port? With
a serical port I can "tail -f /dev/ttyS0 >outputfile" is there something
similar I can do?

Thanks in advance.

/Sean C. Payne