Re: [PARPORT] listening to the parallel port

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 26 May 1999 22:04:49 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Sean C. Payne wrote:

> Q: If I attache the device to the parallel port via a "pp laplink" cable
> what command can I issue under Linux to listen to the parallel port? With
> a serical port I can "tail -f /dev/ttyS0 >outputfile" is there something
> similar I can do?

No. [At least, not yet. ;-)] It would be fairly similar to reverse byte
mode, but I don't think it would be similar enough.

You can use iopl and inb/outb to get the behaviour you want by writing a
small utility.