[PARPORT] More than one PPA?

BOSZORMENYI Zoltan (zboszor@mol.hu)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:31:40 +0100

Hi!

I wanted to test the scsi host ordering feature of devfs and
came across two old style ZIP drives.

What I would like to ask is how can I use both of them?

I tried chaining them together and putting an old (SPP only)
parallel port in my machine and putting one of them there.

modprobe ppa recognized only one of them. Of course I have
both parallel ports under /proc/parport.

I looked at ppa.[ch] in the kernel and it should use up to 4 devices.
But I haven't found any useful option to tell the driver
how many ZIPs I have and what ports they are on.

I tried 2.2.9 and 2.3.4-pre3+devfs.

Regards,
Zoltan Boszormenyi