Re: [PARPORT] Setting up a second parallel port

Dries van Oosten (D.vanOosten@phys.uu.nl)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:25:38 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, David Campbell wrote:

\snip{}

> > The parallel port card is a jumperless isa card manifactured by tornado.

\snip{}

> My first reaction is that this is a "Plug-and-Pray" card which
> requires the mainboard BIOS to configure the card. There should be a
> floppy disk with the card to force the settings should you not have a
> PnP main board (drawing parallels here to PnP networks cards).

There is a floppy with the thing and a manual for setting it up under
M$. You first have install some stuff under Dos and set the io range, the
irq, what mode you want to use the card in etc., then under Windows you
have to choose these same setting, it says in the manual, so I guess the
dos program sets the stuff on the card, but I am not sure about that. This
jumperless junk should be illegal.

So in short, I think I have configured the card correctly under dos, but I
have no way of knowing, since I don't have a printer to check it.

Regards,
Dries