Re: [PARPORT] EPP mode

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:46:31 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, michael Goode wrote:

> I would like too to receive on IRQ (bit 4 of control register on).
> Does a reception of a data generate automaticaly an IRQ ?

It depends how you wire the ports together. An IRQ is generated at the
host by nAck (and, with some chipsets in some modes, nFault). So if you
have nDataStb/nAddrStb wired up to nAck, yes it will generate an IRQ on
the receiving end.

EPP also has an 'interrupt' cycle, which is presumably supposed to
generate an interrupt on the receive end as well, although I forget which
pin that involves.