[PARPORT] MicroSolutions backpack cd-rewriter

Troy DeJongh (troyd@pobox.com)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:33:48 -0500

I have a parallel port MicroSolutions Backpack CD-RW 4x2x8 drive
which has a model number of 190127. Looking in the kernel source,
it appears that only the Backpack CDROM (read-only) drives are
supported, at least in terms of CD drives. I have also read the
Linux paride doco among other Linux-Parallel port HOWTOs, but I
can't seem to get the drive to register.

Can anyone give me the official word on whether this drive is
supposed to work with the bpcd/bpck/paride drivers? My guess
is that it is not supported.

Thanks.

--
Troy DeJongh                                       http://pobox.com/~troyd