Re: [PARPORT] Parallel Port PCI and IO (NEED HELP)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:13:55 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Ryan Ziolko wrote:

> I was wondering if Linux (Redhat 6 mainly...) supports parallel ports on
> cards, like the PCI ones that give 2 more ports. I need more ports,
> because I am build a "robot" for an honors project. We are going to use a
> standard motherboard, and connect various devices to it...

There is code in the 2.3 development kernels that supports SIIG and Lava
PCI parallel port cards. I haven't back-ported it to 2.2 yet, although I
don't imagine it will be very hard.

There isn't really much to it though. If you are just planning on using
inb/outb on them, you can find out the base addresses from lspci.