Re: [PARPORT] Using cdrecord and /dev/pg0 to burn audio tracks

grant@torque.net
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 07:16:56 -0400 (EDT)

> I would like to record an audio file (.wav) to a brand
> new CDR on my HP-7200e. But when I launch cdrecord
> using:
>
> cdrecord -v -dummy -speed=1 -dev=/dev/pg0 -audio mysong.wav

Please go back and read the documentation of cdrecord. The dev
parameter takes an entirely different syntax.

You want to start by doing

        cdrecord -scanbus

to get the bus/target numbers of your drive and then use those in the
dev parameter.

(No, I don't like the syntax - but cdrecord is all we have right now.)