Re: [PARPORT] HP CDWriter 7500e

grant@torque.net
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:07:27 -0400 (EDT)

> It works fine as cdrom, so I guess that the parport side is not the
> problem, but cdrecord cannot recognize it. Has anyone got burning cd's
> with this machine? (I have created all the devices necessary)

We really need some details. Where are things failing ?

Does pg see the drive ? Does "cdrecord -scanbus" see it ? What version
of cdrecord are you using ? Is it built with pg support ? Do you have
the right devices set up ?

FYI there is a problem in most versions of cdrecord with respect to the 7500.
Make sure you are using the latest release of 1.8 (1.8a24, I think).