Re: [PARPORT] RH6.0 not seeing Syquest 1GB

grant@torque.net
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:22:44 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm looking for pointers on how to configure a Syquest 1GB drive on Red Hat
> 6.0 for Intel. When I follow the instructions in the HOW-TO for loading the
> drivers my system hangs. I load the modules as follows at run time:
>
> insmod parport
> insmod paride
> insmod epat
> insmod pd <--- system hangs on this statement???

Please make sure that your kernel log messages are going to your console
in real-time (check /etc/syslog.conf). Then load pd with the command:

                insmod pd verbose=1

(from the console of course, not under X).

Hopefully we'll get some sort of clue.

My guess is that there's a media problem and that the system is doing
retries. But, in the absence of any real data, that's just SWAG.