Re: [PARPORT] Lava Parallel-PCI

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:42:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

>> in /proc/parport/autoprobe. Should it say there Epson Stylus Printer or
>> some such?
>
>It doesn't really matter if it isn't recognised. Andrea, you've got one
>of these printers haven't you? Does yours respond to the autoprobe?

Yes I have one of such printers at home. If I remeber well it responded to
autoprobe but I am not 100% sure to remeber well...

Anyway Robin, if you know which is your printer you don't need autoprobe
;). Only care that everything goes fine. If it doesn't work try to connect
the printer directly to the parallel port instead of putting it at the end
of the daisy-chain.

Andrea