Re: [PARPORT] epson stylus 640

Audin Malmin (amalmin@halcyon.com)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:27:33 -0700

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 04:21:55PM +0800, aoc2 wrote:
> i tried again today and got this 1-line output:
> "unable to open command line file -dBitsPerPixel=stc600pl.upp".
> when printing w/ netscape tho, it does nothing at all.

        How did you set up your filters? The above error implies to me that
your filter is pretty confused about the parameters ghostscript wants... If
you're using the uniprint driver then ghostscript should be invoked with
something like the following:

gs -q @powercolor.upp -sPAPERSIZE=letter -sOutputFile=- redir_gs_msg.ps -

        Of course this line is for an HP Deskjet...

        If your machine is slow enough, try to do an "ps auxwww" just after
you send off the print job. If you're quick you can catch the actual
ghostscript process running. That should give you a better idea of how your
filter setup should be corrected.

--
                                             Audin Malmin - amalmin@halcyon.com