RE: [PARPORT] Printer doesn't work with Parallel port Zip drive,s till

Tim Waugh (twaugh@matra.co.uk)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:05:13 +0100

> I'm not sure where to go in there to stick in some judicious printk's,
> because I don't know the sequence of events for what happens
> when you do "insmod ppa". Is there some documentation on this somewhere?

The entry point for modules is init_module. It might be worth putting
printks in ppa_connect/disconnect and things like that.

It could be that your parallel port is too fast/slow for the ppa driver --
are there any CMOS settings you can fiddle with (have I asked you this
before?)?