Re: [PARPORT] insmod paride on RedHat6.0 fails

grant@torque.net
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:21:12 -0400 (EDT)

> Thanx Grant, first loading parport solved the problem.
> I have a follow up question which is more a general
> linux question.
>
> Where do you normally put the insmod statements? In
> which startup file would you generally write them.

Well, the lazy solution would be to put them in your rc.local script.

Alternatively, you can add some statements into your conf.modules to
ensure that the correct modules get loaded when kmod (or whatever) tries
to modprobe the highlevel paride driver. There are others who can
explain that in more detail (I'm lazy myself and just use rc.local :-)).