Re: [PARPORT] HP Colorado 5Gb Parallel external, How do I backup with it?

Rafael Lorandi de Oliveira (rafael.oliveira@sigmabbs.com.br)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 00:24:16 -0200

Hello Asaf,

It seems you're missing the ¨ftape-tools¨ package.
¨ftape¨ is a device driver which allows the ¨low level¨ floppy tape
management.
In the other hand, you need some set of utilities to perform the ¨user
level¨ tasks, eg. formatting, rewinding, seeking etc. That's the job of
ftape-tools.
All these packages with documentation can be found at ftape - The Linux
Floppy Tape Project
(http://www.math1.rwth-aachen.de/~heine/ftape/ftape.html).

Bye
Rafael