[PARPORT] Programming Parallel ports Question

Mazhar Memon (mazhar@nmt.edu)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:55:44 -0800

    While programming any I/O ports on the system in C, you would use the
inportb() and outportb() functions in order to access them directly. To do
this on a DOS/Windows system, you have to include the dos.h header file in
order to get those functions. Since this header file is non-existant in
Linux, I would like to know the header file used and the corresponding
functions. Again, if anyone knows, I'd like to have a way to program any
given I/O ports on the system with Linux.

Mazhar Memon
mazhar@nmt.edu