Re: [PARPORT] Programming Parallel ports Question

Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:04:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

> does the parport driver provide an API to control the data and ctrl
> lines of the parallelport directly, so i can make my driver hardware
> independent?

Yes. If you're using 2.2 or 2.3, you can use ppdev, i.e. /dev/parport0.
(For 2.2 you'll need to use one of Alan's patches first.) Take a look at
the top of linux/drivers/char/ppdev.c.