[PARPORT] Paride/epat problems.

Brian S. Boothman (bboothman@unitedmold.com)
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:04:02 +0000

Paride seems to detect my parallel port cdrom fine when I use the
precompiled kernel with paride support. When I try to load paride and
epat as modules using the "bare" kernel I have no luck.
When loading the modules there is no response.
I used the following commands.

insmod paride
insmod epat
mount /dev/pcd0 /cdrom
pcd0 is not a valid block device! "or somthing close to that"

I am certain that pcd0 does exist in /etc/fstab
I am certain that epat is the proper protocol.
What am I missing?