Re: [PARPORT] parport start

From: Jonas Linde (jonas@init.se)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 15:59:41 EST

    And moroz@cptc.wisc.edu spoke unto the world. And said:
    > First, I configured my printer with the printtool utility. Then when I
    > type, lpr, the computer believes that it's printing, so lpq shows me
    > that the job is running and then finished:

    It sounds to me like the printer is misconfigured; i.e. the file you
    print is actually sent to the printer but probably in a format that it
    cannot understand. Does your printer support plain text printing? If so
    try sending a testfile directly to the printer device file. If that
    works you need to figure out the proper driver for your printer model...

    > Also, by installing and uninstalling some software, I've lost the lpstat
    > command. How to get it back?

    lpstat is IIRC part of the SysV group of printing tools, whereas you
    have BSD-style printing. `lpc stat` should be about the same.

    /J