[PARPORT] EPP programming

From: Daltech Student Board (dtsb@is2.dal.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:24:43 EST

    Hi:

    I am very new to parallel port programming and am trying to program the
    port to interface a small digital b/w camera(384x288 pixels). I started
    by programming the Standard Parallel Port, however, i realize that my
    data lines must be bidirectional so I have been reading about using the
    EPP mode. My camera has 8 data lines and four separate address lines so
    I've already built an external latch for this problem. I don't want to
    try anything before knowing exactly hoe the handshaking works... I wrote a
    c program to perform both read and write cycles, but then I read that the
    hardware does all the work and to initate the EPP cycle the software needs
    only to write one I/O operation to the register in question. Can anyone
    clarify this for me, or tell me where I might find more information?
    Also, to actually have the port in EPP mode is it enough just to define
    the base+3 - base+7 memory allocations?

    I apologize if my questions are relatively simplistic, but it is hard to
    find the appropriate information when surrounded by so much of it.

    Thanks,

    Beth