[PARPORT] Re: ECPSW mode error?

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 09:00:24 EDT

    On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 08:28:12PM +0800, zhu qun ying wrote:

    > Does that means somewhere in the code, there are inversion happens,
    > I have not look through the code very carefully? Setting the
    > frob_control on those bits actually inverted the result.

    No, the hardware inverts them.

    > Could you recall which are the inverted bits?

    nStrobe, nAutoFd, nSelectIn and Busy I think.

    > Yes, it is better than never, will you change that some time? Anyway I will
    > change the necessary bits for my usage first.

    I'd prefer not to move the drivers even further from the hardware than
    they already are. You could always define PARPORT_CTRLINE_nStrobe and so
    on and have a function that converts PARPORT_CONTROL_xxx bytes to
    PARPORT_CTRLINE_xxx ones or vice versa. That would probably be the
    best approach.