[PARPORT] Re: strange emails _ read online at parport archive if posted

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 08:36:55 EDT

    On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 08:17:03AM -0400, Kenneth Murphy wrote:

    > If you have the time let me know if my emails come to you as attachments.
    > This is not helpful that the translation between some email systems end up
    > as attachments. I think that increases the possibilities of infections, but
    > I am not sure.

    I use GnuPG to sign my outgoing mail (except this one); the effect is
    that my message is a MIME attachment, as is the signature.

    > This is just a bad period for using the internet and one can't be
    > too careful.

    Indeed. Although, those of us using non-Microsoft mailers and
    operating systems don't seem to be nearly so badly affected. ;-)
    (I have a sketch for a perl virus in my head though..)

    > though it looks like I am just going to go get an internal.

    Probably best.