RE: [PARPORT] Parallel ZIP drive problem.

From: Peter Roach (proach@cais.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 21:31:54 EDT

    Thanks, but the windoze settings are not stored across a reboot. On
    rebooting, the Lava ports revert to 0xA400 and 0xA000. Anyway, I believe the
    address change needed in windoze is only due to Iomega's windoze driver
    constraints which I do not think exist in ppa.

    parport/ppa recognizes the drive at 0xA400, reports the firmware version and
    recognizes when the disk has been changed. It just cannot read the partition
    table on the disk, per the following from dmesg:

    parport1: PC-style at 0xa400 [SPP,PS2,EPP]
    ppa: Version 2.03 (for Linux 2.2.x)
    ppa: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use EPP 16 bit
    ppa: Communication established with ID 6 using EPP 16 bit
    scsi0 : Iomega VPI0 (ppa) interface
    scsi : 1 host.
      Vendor: IOMEGA Model: ZIP 100 Rev: D.13
    Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
    SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 196608 [96 MB] [0.1 GB]
    sda: Write Protect is off
     sda:SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 6 lun 0 return code = 27010000
    scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
     unable to read partition table

    Thanks,
    Peter.