Re: [PARPORT] cdr on parallel port cause kernel problems

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 17:10:29 EDT

    Tim Waugh a écrit :

    > On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 07:11:56PM +0200, Dumas Patrice wrote:
    >
    > > > (Did it work?)
    > >
    > > Oh, no ! It didn't. Here is some info :
    > [...]
    > > schedule_timeout: wrong timeout value 81988000 from 8487e183
    >
    > Pat,
    >
    > You will be able to catch this if you put a trap in kernel/sched.c, at
    > about line 425:
    >
    > if (timeout < 0)
    > {
    > printk(KERN_ERR "schedule_timeout: wrong timeout "
    > "value %lx from %p\n", timeout,
    > __builtin_return_address(0));
    > *(int*)0 = 0; /* add this line */
    > current->state = TASK_RUNNING;
    > goto out;
    > }
    >
    > Recompile, try again, and then run the kernel oops through ksymoops to
    > decode it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tim.
    > */

    I would be glad to do this, but the kernel oops through ksymoops, it is not
    so much understandable for me ! But if you give me a link to documentation
    (in the kernel docs or online), I would like to gain more knowledge about all
    that stuff.
    And also, I don't see what is the rational behind the *(int*)0 = 0;
    instruction, but it has to do with the other stuff, I think.

    Pat