[PARPORT] /dev/parport0?

From: Linus G Larsson (linus@centrumntr.se)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 06:45:43 EDT

    Hello.

    I know this is a pretty newbie question, but I wonder if there is any
    difference between /dev/lp0 | /dev/par0 and /dev/parport0?

    If there is, which major and minor should I use to create the device
    /dev/parport0?
    My kernel finds the parallel port, but I've only got the devices
    /dev/lp[0-2] and /dev/par[0-2]. I want VMWare to get hold of the parallel
    port and it needs some other device than the ones I've got for
    bidirectional communication.

    TIA,
    Linus G Larsson