Re: [PARPORT] Reading individual data pins from user-space application?

From: Jan Prikryl (prikryl@vrvis.at)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 02:27:23 EDT

    Quoting Jeremy Elson (jelson@usc.edu):

    > I wrote a library that does this very thing, called Parapin:
    >
    > http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/parapin

    I have already thought about using your code in case the ppdev
    way fails (which it seems to). I just hoped I would get along without
    actually forcing our users (who are unfortunatelly rather
    unexperienced with linux) to compile non-standard kernel modules; and
    I would like to avoid making the program setuid.

    Thanks for remembering me.

    -- jan