[PARPORT] HP 7200 CD-RW Progress

From: Mike Rowen (rowen@berbee.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 23:30:41 EDT

    I am able to mount a CD in my HP 7200 via the parport. I have loaded
    cdrecord and when I issue cdrecord -scanbus, I now receive the following
    :

    Cdrecord release 1.8a29 Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Jörg Schilling
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
    scsibus0:
     0,0,0 0) 'HP ' 'CD-Writer+ 7200 ' '3.01' Removable CD-ROM
     0,1,0 1) *
     0,2,0 2) *
     0,3,0 3) *
     0,4,0 4) *
     0,5,0 5) *
     0,6,0 6) *
     0,7,0 7) *

    I presume that this means I can access the drive via scsi. What device
    name do I use to access this for use with cdrecord. Also, is the device
    seen as only a CD-ROM or does the fact that the CD is a CD-R mean I'm
    set to go?Do I need to perform a makedev? Thanks.

    -Mike Rowen
    <rowen@berbee.com>