Re: [PARPORT] Internal IDE Superdisk LS120

From: James Mckenzie (os2support@theriver.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 00:02:08 EDT

    Heriberto Höhlke wrote:

    > hello!
    >
    > I installed an internal Imation Superdisk LS-120 as secondary slave
    > IDE in a SuSE Linux 6.3 PC and it doesn't works.
    > The question is, does internal IDE LS-120 works the same way than parallel
    > port LS-120 does?

    No, it is now an IDE device. Do you have any other device on the
    secondary IDE channel. If not, set the LS-120 for Master mode. If
    there is another device on this channel leave the drive as a slave.

    Assuming that you leave the drive as a slave drive on the secondary
    channel, the mount point would be /dev/hdd. You have to mount the
    drive. I suggest adding a directory to the /mnt directory as LS120.
    Your mount command would be:
    mount /dev/hdd /mnt/ls120 -t vfat

    James Mckenzie